Topic: American 'Dreamz' Review/Opinions
Forum Index : Entertainment : Movies and TV : American 'Dreamz' Review/Opinions  
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 22 Apr 2006 03:17 AM       Subject: American 'Dreamz' Review/Opinions
The third Friday of every month, my youth group goes to see a movie. Generally speaking, these are old movies, from The Goonies to The Waterboy to Spiderman, and we all sit around in someone's house, a school, or a church building with popcorn, mass amounts of caffeine, so many chairs we can build forts, and gobs and gobs of pizza, which I inevitably end up taking home.

This time, we went to the movie theatre, completely randomly. After a bout of annoyance in which we had to throw away our just-filled Roundtable Pizza sodas because of that stupid, idiotic "no outside food or drink" rule, we go in to the theatre... and get stuck three rows. From the front. Can we say 'neck problems'? Despite the fact that I would have rather watched the freaking Blaire Witch Project (I don't do scary movies, incidentally) than American Dream'z', I sat down to watch it.

Wow. That movie was horrible. Every stereotype was exaggerated horribly, the plot was amazingly cliche, and the only redeeming factor the movie had was the unexpected plot twist at the end there-- which I'll not say, for those of you who have not, in fact, seen it.

There were a few amusing moments, but most of the time, we were only laughing at the movie because it was so bad you'd either feel your brain dribbling out your ears, or laugh. Mandy Moore playing a sociopath? Some weird character based off Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest stuck in a blender and set to 'puree'? Cameos of people who played characters on 'House' and 'Buffy'?

Well, it could have been worse.

In essence, this is probably a two star movie rating from me. It wasn't as bad as 'The Waterboy', but I wouldn't buy it on DVD. Rent it, maybe, but that's about it.

And, is it just me, or did Mandy Moore put on some serious weight for that movie?
remember when?
wolfdog

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 05 Jun 2006 10:36 AM         Subject: RE: American 'Dreamz' Review/Opinions
I remember I wented to go see a movie with my youth group I wented to go see the chronicles of narnia and I fell asleep on that movie.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 11 Jun 2006 04:11 AM         Subject: RE: American 'Dreamz' Review/Opinions
How do you fall asleep during NARNIA?!
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 11 Jun 2006 05:02 AM         Subject: RE: American 'Dreamz' Review/Opinions
I didn't go see Narnia. I will stick with the books, thank-you-very-much. Oh why, why did Narnia have to be a shadow-world? I'm still crying over that. I have been since...second grade, I think.
"I rock so hard I should be studied by geologists." - Me.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 12 Jun 2006 05:06 AM         Subject: RE: American 'Dreamz' Review/Opinions
Narnia was awesome, though. I loved it. I need to read all the books. I only own the Prince Caspian one, it's tragic.
remember when?
Forum Index : Entertainment : Movies and TV

Page: 1