Topic: Should movies on TV be allowed to have uncensored content?
Forum Index : Entertainment : Movies and TV : Should movies on TV be allowed to have uncensored content?  
xdustynx

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 Dec 2009 05:27 AM       Subject: Should movies on TV be allowed to have uncensored content?
Some do, but I mean in general..

In my opinion, I think that if they don't want to show adult/rated r content,don't show the movie at all.. I hate how they cut parts out of movies and stuff. Same with the music on the radio and content in video games.

What's your guys opinions?
xxtinklovesuxx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 Dec 2009 05:30 AM         Subject: RE: Should movies on TV be allowed to have uncensored content?
I agree with you.
I know a lot of stores like Wal-Mart that won't even sell a CD if it has one cuss word in it. It doesn't even matter what the word is.
That's why some bands aren't sold there at all because they fought it and got told if they didn't agree with the store policies then they won't cell that band at all.
It doesn't make any sense to me. But they seem to think it does.
Kirk K & Sasha J
The beginning; 1/1/17

Baby K. coming Spring 2018 (:

Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy-tale.

R.I.P Baby Brother
Timothy Gibson
12/18/1991 - 10/26/2016
-thoughtlessdork

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 Dec 2009 11:35 AM         Subject: RE: Should movies on TV be allowed to have uncensored content?
i totally agree with you Dustyn and Sasha.
and yeah with Wal-mart they edit there CD's
so you'd have to go to either target or best buy to get
a CD with explicit content on it but thats what that sticker
is for...right?

and the movies showing on tv is very annoying i mean
u might as well not show the movie if your gonna cut scene's out.

http://www.formspring.me/PurpleVomit

keena
Gemini ❤ 12 02 09
Occupation; Dorky punkie Junkie Chick
I'm searching for my piece of light, it rains, it pours
I'll find my way but please don't leave me here again All alone.
allwrongx

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 Dec 2009 03:45 PM         Subject: RE: Should movies on TV be allowed to have uncensored content?
I completely agree.
All you have to do is label a CD with having explicit content. I never really understood why people bought the edited/bleeped out versions.
As with movies, some things I can understand. But cut scenes and language that you'd hear anywhere else bothers me. I mean, you're gonna hear all of the different curse words no matter where you go, so what's wrong with them being heard in a movie?
If your kid's too young to watch a movie, isn't that what the parental control button is for on the televison?

I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.
I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that
we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun
will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars.

sofay

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Dec 2009 09:11 AM         Subject: RE: Should movies on TV be allowed to have uncensored content?
Yeah, I agree.
Just put a sticker on CDs and one of those voice overs that says "This movie contains extreme violence!" before the movie starts.
That's what they do here anyways. They do it for TV shows as well.

Although I do think that songs on the radio should still be censored.
I mean, how annoying would it be if the DJ was like "This song has a swear word in it!" before it started. xD
And kids sing along to lyrics without really knowing what they're saying as it is, so if all the songs were swearing, it'd be kinda dodgy. o:
xdustynx

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Dec 2009 05:42 PM         Subject: RE: Should movies on TV be allowed to have uncensored content?
@sofay

The radio DJ or whoever would not have to say that before the song played, it would just play normally. If parents wouldn't like it, they shouldn't let their kids listen to that station, editing out anything is stupid IMO, just let it be heard like it was originally meant to be heard.

- Random, typing that made me remember Fergie's song awhile back where shes like "pop a champagne.." I always thought that song said "I have a shi&#%$ pain" o.o I was like wow, they censor songs and play this? ... Took me a year to figure out she said champagne in that song o.o

But yeah Sophie I know what you mean, but I just don't think anything should be censored out.

(Thanks to everyone who has replied btw)
ohdear

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Dec 2009 06:36 PM         Subject: RE: Should movies on TV be allowed to have uncensored content?
I agree with all of you guys

*story time haha* Some radio stations edit songs but some don't
My step-mom always heard the edit version of Bartender by Rehab, but then was completely shocked when she heard the un-edited version on another station.
There are no raindrops on roses and girls in white dresses.
It's sleeping with roaches and taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and before all the stains
And a few more of your least favorite things.

holloway

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Jan 2010 06:26 PM         Subject: RE: Should movies on TV be allowed to have uncensored content?
And Morgan also agrees.
I'm one to get aggravated when a part of a song/movie is bleeped out, because I think it ruins the entire purpose. If you don't want someone watching it, you watch it first, or have something that says it's inappropriate, strong language, whatever.
"When the sky turns gray
and everything is screaming
I will reach inside
just to find my heart is beating"
Forum Index : Entertainment : Movies and TV

Page: 1