Topic: Rose and Thorn
Forum Index : General : Nonsensical Randomness / Games : Rose and Thorn  
voicedance16

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:11 PM       Subject: Rose and Thorn
This is a new game based on a weekly activity I did in a couple of former classes I was in.

Basically the way it works is at the beginning of class we'd go around the room and each person would share their rose - something good going on in their life, and their thorn - something not so good.

The things you share can be as big or as small as you want!

I'll start to give you an example:

Rose: I watched Aladdin and Frozen 2 with my best friend today.
Thorn: my summer choir would've been having our concert tonight, but the semester wasn't able to happen this year due to Covid :(
Savannah (she/her)
Young People's Chorus of NYC 6/17/17 & 3/24/19
"Let the world we dream about be the one we live in now"
pinkchocolate

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:41 PM         Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
^ This is a cool idea.

Rose: I've been able to spend more time with my sister lately, and she knows that I miss my book club. So she suggested we have our own mini book club, just the two of us, to discuss books together.

Thorn: It's been nearly 3 weeks and I haven't received a reply to the letter I sent to my grandmother. I may have to contact the care home to be sure that she actually received it.
KMP x
-onemoreday-

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:53 PM         Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
Ooh I like this idea too!

Rose: I'm working on setting up my online shop where I can sell my paintings, just as a side gig for now.

Thorn: I'm around the general public all day at my main job, and I'm afraid I'll eventually get the virus. The vast majority of people who come in are wearing masks (thank god!). But I'm still nervous about it.
voicedance16

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:19 PM         Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
Rose: It was announced that Once On This Island, one of my favorite Broadway shows, is being adapted as a movie!

Thorn: Since it was only just announced, it's gonna inevitably be a long time before it actually happens, and I'm already impatient...
Savannah (she/her)
mystery-egg

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:18 PM         Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
^^ Oh my god! That's so cool about Once On This Island. I was actually in that musical at the Hangar Theater when I was a kid. That's a blast from the past. Also, this is a super cool idea.

Rose: I finally finished updating my website, changing the color palette, updating the profile picture, and updating all of the social banners across all social media platforms.

Thorn: It was such an exhausting workday, it's 8:17PM, and I have a headache from using my brain since 9:30AM.
https://marmoseticwolves.org
voicedance16

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 31 Jul 2020 09:23 PM         Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
^^^ WAIT I just realized we're from the SAME town! (I speculated that when you mentioned The Piggery!) I saw Once On This Island at the Hangar ages ago and then the Broadway revival 2 years ago!

Rose: I found out that one of my favorite composers, Jim Papoulis, is getting a documentary movie made! That's super exciting to me especially considering I've met him twice and even got to sing the world premiere of one of his songs that will (presumably) be featured in the film!

Thorn: My room is super disorganized. I really should straighten up but I'm not motivated...
Savannah (she/her)
pinkchocolate

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 31 Jul 2020 09:36 PM         Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
Rose: I had a nice evening watching DVDs and chilling with snacks.
Thorn: I was hoping that soon, I'd be able to start being slightly more social, but I found out today that during the last week, there has been quite a sharp increase in Covid cases in the area where I live :(
KMP x
chasingghosts

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 31 Jul 2020 10:03 PM         Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
This is a super sweet idea. Also such a small world that you guys are from the same place!

Rose: I was able to have a sleep-in and then hang out in bed playing Animal Crossing. Also, a couple of packages came on a Saturday which is unusual!

Thorn: The dog kept us up last night when he wouldn't stay in his bed. He kept trying to get in the human bed and I'm worried that letting him in sometimes in the mornings is confusing him. I'm feeling like I'm going to let him and myself down by not having good skills with dog training.
pinkchocolate

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Aug 2020 08:57 PM         Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
Rose: I got talking to a really nice lady in a Facebook group earlier, and it seemed like we have a lot in common, and we exchanged email addresses.
Thorn: When I woke up today, I wasn't feeling well.
KMP x
voicedance16

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:47 PM         Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
Rose: I traded with someone on Facebook for a playbill I've been wanting for a long time
Thorn: It was pretty hot out.
Savannah (she/her)
kellyburnsred

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:57 PM         Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
Great idea! I always love new games.

Rose: I enjoyed myself at Walmart today.
Thorn: I once again got ignored by my ex. It hurts so bad.
You're so down to earth
&& I'm up in the stars
So show me the sea
&& I'll take you to mars
chasingghosts

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:23 AM         Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
Rose: I was able to finish colouring in a page in a new book I got.

Thorn: My city just announced stricter lockdown restrictions.
medicate-it-away

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:45 PM   ( 15 hours ago )       Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
Rose: I got to sleep in this morning, so I feel more rested right now.

Thorn: I probably won't be able to go to sleep tonight and I'll be super tired tomorrow.
pinkchocolate

Forum Monster
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:48 PM   ( 11 hours ago )       Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
Rose: I got to spend some time with my sister today.
Thorn: I don't seem to have much patience with anything lately, and I'm feeling discouraged.
KMP x
badomen

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:58 PM   ( 9 hours ago )       Subject: RE: Rose and Thorn
rose: I had an eventful Sunday and did a lot of fun things.
thorn: my roommate is annoying the hell out of me by being really vague and not communicating properly about when or if he’s leaving.
Forum Index : General : Nonsensical Randomness / Games

Page: 1 2 Next>>