Topic: Hi, Hello. Feedback Wanted
Forum Index : General : General Talk : Hi, Hello. Feedback Wanted  
andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 15 Sep 2017 12:28 PM       Subject: Hi, Hello. Feedback Wanted
In a recent change of heart, I've been thinking about possibly putting time and effort into Bzoink, in a wild attempt to rejuvenate it. It's still a great site with a great community of people, and it would warm my heart to see it more lively again!

I'm looking for feedback about what you use and what you don't use. Which sections of the site, member features, how do you share content from Bzoink (if at all).
I am the very fancy owner and creator of Bzoink! Thank you for using it.
Feel free to private message me and add me as your friend.

Message Me | Journal | Profile | Add Me
chasingghosts

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 Sep 2017 06:09 AM         Subject: RE: Hi, Hello. Feedback Wanted
I mostly use the forums, but I still create and take surveys from time to time. I also sometimes take polls, but not often.

I'd like to see more options for talking to the community, maybe a new chat feature (not sure if the old one still works) or something like that.
navmav117

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 Sep 2017 09:30 AM         Subject: RE: Hi, Hello. Feedback Wanted
I'd love to see it more active too! :) Do you think you'd ever use ads or social media promotion to draw more people in? I have no idea how exactly that would work, or even if it would work, but I just wish more people knew about and used Bzoink.

Personally, my favorite things about the site are the surveys and the forums. I treat the surveys as a sort of guided journal, like each of my saved surveys is a journal entry and I think it's fun to go back and read my "entries" from way back when. And I also take a poll every now and then, I like that feature of the site as well.

I think a photo album feature would be neat, maybe as a section of each profile with the option to have it public or private. Or have a way to incorporate photos into journal entries so that you can have like a mix between an Instagram-type photo blog and a text blog.
joshua081388

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 Sep 2017 10:03 AM         Subject: RE: Hi, Hello. Feedback Wanted
I love bzoink and try and get on here as much as possible mainly to do the forum games and take several surveys but as far as feedback I definately agree with ghost and add a chat feature as the current one isn't working
joybucket

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Sep 2017 11:57 AM         Subject: RE: Hi, Hello. Feedback Wanted
I mostly use Surveys!!!

I've recently started using the forums, but the surveys are my favorite. I love making and taking them. It gives me something to do, and it's fun.
andy

Wannabe Rockstar
Forum Moderator
Profile | Journal
Posted: 23 Sep 2017 09:14 PM         Subject: RE: Hi, Hello. Feedback Wanted
Thank you for your feedback. I was holding off on replying to encourage more replies. I'll still read any new replies though!

How can we make the forums better? Forums were never really what Bzoink was about but somehow became a fairly active part of the site.. and I personally don't use forums that often to understand why people like them. lol.

Chat I did recently take the 'Chat' link down from the top. No one ever used that anyway. I assume you are mostly talking about the chat that used to be along the bottom. I'm not sure why that disappeared and stopped working. I'd have to look into it again.

Ads/Promotion I am currently in a position where I would not be opposed to trying again, but I'm afraid with 50% of Bzoink's traffic now mobile.. I'd just be throwing money away. Also, Bzoink's viral sharing methods are still best suited for myspace/blogs and people have moved away from them. If anything I'd have to focus on audiences from niche sites to be effective as this time, I believe. Bottom line: I feel like more work needs to be done to refresh Bzoink before advertising dollars would be effective.

Surveys and Forums Your feedback echos what my data shows. Surveys and the forums are the most popular.

I'm considering removing Stories all together, they never really took off.

I'm considering removing the option to create new Statistical Surveys.

I want most of my focus moving forward to be on surveys, but I think some tweaks to quizlets/polls could bring benefit. I will have to look at historical data for this, as those sections of the site are pretty much dead nowadays.

Member Features This is where I'm actually a little surprised. Seems most of you want MORE ways to interact with each other. And it seems like the ways that I tried to do that in the past either weren't right, or people weren't interested. When I changed all the profiles around.. I actually kind of hate the way it's all setup now.

I have a hard time distinguishing between loss of traffic because of things that I changed at one point, or just the changing internet. And when I was pushing more and more community building type features, I was losing more and more traffic as people shifted from Myspace to Facebook.
I am the very fancy owner and creator of Bzoink! Thank you for using it.
Feel free to private message me and add me as your friend.

Message Me | Journal | Profile | Add Me
chasingghosts

Bzoink Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 27 Sep 2017 07:05 PM         Subject: RE: Hi, Hello. Feedback Wanted
I don't think anything you did or changed here drove people away, we just went through the whole shift from Myspace to Facebook and people's interests changed when it comes to sharing stuff on social media, that's out of your control.

Those changes sound good to me, especially the possible changes to our profile pages. Maybe a full layout change, maybe some changes in the types of information we can share on our profiles, I'm sure you'll think of something great.

Thanks for keeping Bzoink alive for us loyals <3
Forum Index : General : General Talk

Page: 1