Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Forum Index : Entertainment : Movies and TV : Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest  
shelmstetter

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 Jul 2006 06:22 PM       Subject: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
I just don't get it! In the first Pirates, Barbosa DIES!!! Yet, the monkey won't die if you shoot it and Barbosa comes back! Does someone have an explaination of this??

:idea: I have a theory: When they first explained what the curse does to the crew, it says that they will be cursed for all eternity. So i think that by putting all the aztec gold back, the skeleton-by-moonlight part of the curse was lifted, but the crew is still unable to die.

If i am correct, then Jack Sparrow cannot die either in the belly of the beast. He wouldn't die anyway because, He's Captain Jack Sparrow! :lol:
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 26 Jul 2006 05:02 AM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Have you ever watched the end of the credits for PotC1? The monkey takes one of the coins.
We can always use my theory to explain Barbosa's return: the monkey removed the bullet from his where it was lodged near his heart because it was shiny. This is actually fairly difficult because the muscles close up quickly. Or at least I think that's what the pathologist said...anywho, they'll offer a good reason in PotC3.
"I rock so hard I should be studied by geologists." - Me.
karoras-spirit

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 26 Jul 2006 09:30 AM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
We tried to figure this out for all of about 5 minutes. Then we got bored and left. I'm too lazy to speculate, I'll just wait until the next film.

(Quite typically, we sat patiently in the cinema for about 5 minutes watching the credits just in case there was something at the end again, then everyone else I was with got up and left so I had to follow, and we missed the bit at the end. -grumbles about impatient friends-)
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Aug 2006 01:54 AM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
I'd just love to shoot that monkey... again and again and again...

it'd be an awesome stress release.

oh.. and I'm far to lazy to sit here and contemplate the possiblities. I'll just watch the next movie when it comes out.

Jack Sparrow <3
karoras-spirit

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 02 Aug 2006 03:23 PM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
They were kinda my thoughts, too. XD
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Aug 2006 07:54 PM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Hey, Karora, you have 911 posts! That's all sorts of nifty! ... ahem.

I just saw PotC2, and I was like, yo. YO. You just made a love triangle OFFICIAL. WHAT SORT OF STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?! That's like making Harry fall in love with Hermione, or Tohru decide she likes Kyo best, or something! You just don't screw with the great unofficially declared love triangles, yo! *shakes a soda bottle at them* Grr.

And I didn't get the monkey thing for awhile. I was like. Undead monkey? What? How? How now? Hrmmnn?

I do like the second movie better than the first, oddly. Not sure why.

I LOVED NORRINGTON. LOVED LOVED LOVED. I've decided to support WillxNorrington and ElizabethxJack, just because. (Will sucks. Orlando Bloom? wtf? Viggo Mortensen and Alan Rickman ftw!)

*ahem*

Last note... did anyone else notice the little like.. heart shaped music box or whatever that Davy Jones had when Will went to steal the key? I don't know, but I felt like it might be important, but then there was ACTUALLY a heart in the chest, and I was like, hmm.

However, I couldn't hear all of the movie because of the five year old girl going, "why da piwates do dat mommy??"...I half expected her to go "??!!!?!111?!?", but she didn't.

Oh! Oh oh oh oh oh!

Was anyone else CREEPED OUT by Jack's non-eyes in the cannibal scene thing? It was like, he's looking the-- no he's not his eyes are clo-- no they're op-- dude that's creepy.

*twitches a few times*

(Still not back! Hijacking friend's computers, ftw.)
remember when?
fuzzynerds

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Aug 2006 09:49 PM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
"I LOVED NORRINGTON. LOVED LOVED LOVED."

me tooooo!

Oh Lord. I called my best friend after I saw the movie (hehe, we saw them at the same time, just in different states...) and the only words out of my mouth were... "Oh my God! Oh my God! OH MY GOD!!!!" and then, "Norrington was HOT!", and then, "OH MY GOD!!!" again.

muah.
Still a lurker. But I love you.
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 19 Aug 2006 03:45 AM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
You two can fight over Norrington... and yesh he was hot.

However,

I'll just stake claim of Captain Jack Sparrow <3

Bwahahaha.. MINE! XD
fuzzynerds

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 19 Aug 2006 09:06 PM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
oh, which one... Jack Sparrow... the ugly, dastardly bastard? or Norrington, the bitter, former Commodore? Or still yet, Will! The intrepid, honorable, way too perfect for his own good pretty boy?

You know what I'd love for a pet? The undead monkey. They named him Jack in the first one, but they failed to mention that in the second...
xhan

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 21 Aug 2006 02:38 AM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Ya know what?

I'd love to shoot that undead monkey again and again and again just to let off steam like Jack does.

Jack Sparrow, the Ugly, Dastardly Bastard.

yep. he'll do me just fine.
fuzzynerds

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 21 Aug 2006 02:36 PM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Hahaha, everybody loves Jack! Even me! And I can't really figure out why... I mean, by all standards, he's a horrible scoundrel, a thief, a drunk, and a monkey-killer!

but with lines like:

"*Alas*, my children! This is the day you shall always remember as the day that you almost... *splash; sputter, sputter...* ...Captain Jack Sparrow."

Who cares?
chickadee060498

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 23 Aug 2006 03:24 AM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Okay...if you watch the deleted scenes on the DVD, there is a scene that takes place right after the one where the British army are celebrating the capture of the pirates on the ship...the scene shows Jack holding a coin in his hand. He then cuts himself, and tells Will a little spiel about how being immortal is cool, but he'd rather be himself. He spills his blood on the coin and drops it into the chest, relieving his own curse. Therefore, Barbossa is back because his blood was not spilt onto the coins for which he took. Any of the pirates who took a coin and did not replace it with their own blood will remain immortal. Even the monkey, if you pay attention, he also takes a coin...he puts it back, but without his blood on it.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 26 Aug 2006 07:55 PM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
""*Alas*, my children! This is the day you shall always remember as the day that you almost... *splash; sputter, sputter...* ...Captain Jack Sparrow.""

Thank you, now I'm laughing all over again. xD
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 09 Sep 2006 05:33 AM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
One thing still really gets me about the second movie: the whole ship transformation into squid thingy. Whoa, that was technical...
Okay, magic, curses, whatever, it's a movie. But how come there isn't any water in the organ pipes? Because really, you try playing music with your tentacles on an organ with pipes that are full of water. It would be damn hard.
And why did the guy from Taggart have to die? (For those who don't know, Taggart is a Scottish cop show. The captain of the merchant ship that gets destroyed unexpectedly was the third DCI. I think the third...Taggart, corrupt blonde guy, yeah...third. Anywho, I was delighted to see him for a few scenes.)
"I rock so hard I should be studied by geologists." - Me.
this-lonely-plac
e

Pwned Newbie
Profile | Journal
Posted: 23 Nov 2006 10:43 PM         Subject: RE: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
I tried watching the movie in theaters but about half way I got so bored I started throwing popcorn at people. I'm really not much of a movie person... but I still enjoyed the movie.

The undead monkey would be fun to kill. :twisted:
I love dolls!
Forum Index : Entertainment : Movies and TV

Page: 1 2 Next>>