Topic: Brothers Grimm?
Forum Index : Entertainment : Movies and TV : Brothers Grimm?  
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 08 Jan 2007 01:04 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
Well, Happy Feet is a good movie if you turn off your brain and IGNORE THE MENTAL PICTURES OH MY GOD WHHYYYYY. They needed more singing, there wasn't enough singing. I liked the song where they were singing and dancing before he was exiled. That was cool.

And, well. My church is hard to offend, honestly. I dress in black, read Harry Potter through service, play Pokemon, and listen to Nirvana/Rob Zombie (okayonesong)/Eminem, and I still do the media at church and everyone more or less loves me.

In Arizona, I wore pants to church and was yelled at. I had a copy of The Witch of Blackbird Pond (WHICH IS NOT ABOUT A WITCH KTHX), and I was yelled at.

Of course, this just made me more antsy, and I now have this dark desire to cut my hair short, dye it an unnatural color, dress in a tank top and short-shorts, put on some temporary tattoos and fake piercings (...not a lot, I don't want to look, um, scary), and go to church and read the Harry Potter books.

Oh, and tell them I'm agnostic, but interested in learning about their religion.

I think their HEADS WILL EXPLODE.

So yes, they wouldn't like Dogma. =D
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 12 Jan 2007 08:31 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
I finally saw Brothers Grimm and...I'm sorry to say that I didn't like it. I didn't find it scary, or interesting, and there were so many weird little errors in it. For instance, if the French have French accents (I could barely understand them, to be honest), how come the Germans have English accents? I somewhat doubt a French-German miller is going to use the Gaelic word "bansidh" (banshee), either. And no one could decide whether they were dead or not. That bugged me.
"I rock so hard I should be studied by geologists." - Me.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 12 Jan 2007 08:56 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
Oh god, accent tripping, that annoys me so much.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 12 Jan 2007 09:26 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
Anyone seen that Old Western clip where all the cowboys have English accents?
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 12 Jan 2007 10:33 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
I have not. I have, however, listened to the versions of Les Mis wherein French people have British/American accents.

I don't mind the Brit accents, but they SHOULD NOT BE AMERICAN. It makes me twitch.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 12 Jan 2007 10:46 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
I go through movies and listen to the accents evolving. I love that part of The Two Towers where Eowyn suddenly has a really strong Irish accent, and I go, "Ha, you almost sound like me." And then she goes back to normal. Aragorn does it, too, in FotR.
"But to disappear entirely! That is a rare gift." Rairuh gift.
Very entertaining.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 12 Jan 2007 11:20 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
IT ATE MY POST, WTF. >___>

As I was saying: Frodo's accent just slips in and out the entire the entire time. But I don't watch Frodo scenes anymore. I just skip straight to Aragorn.

Fangirl? Yes I am.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 12 Jan 2007 11:29 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
"There's no promise you can make that I can trust." - Frodo sounds very American there. And that Mordor quote from Samwise makes me shudder.
I like Aragorn in his rugged look, but not when he combs his hair, properly grows his beard, and wears the crown.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Jan 2007 02:18 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
When Aragorn's hair is all combed and falling in these soft shiny brunette waves I just sort of twitch and go, "YOU ARE NOT LEGOLAS. YOU ARE NOT LEGOLAS. I DO NOT WANT YOU TO BE LEGOLAS. STOP THAT."

...yeah.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 13 Jan 2007 10:36 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
What about that part where Boromir whips his head around and he looks like he's in a shampoo commercial?
"I use Head and Gondors shampoo and conditioner, scientifically proven to get rid of up to 97% of orcs I come into combat with. Look at it shine!"
I think the only person who doesn't have a hair moment is Gimli. Even Pip swishes his hair out of his face in a way that looks almost ad-like!
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 Jan 2007 07:19 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
They are such pretty boys! I love Gimli, though, he's hilarious.

Gollum doesn't get a hair moment. XD
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 16 Jan 2007 09:02 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
Gollum has about four or five wisps of hair, and that's it. I can forgive him for not having hair moment.
Do you think Aragorn was alarmed when it turned out that Legolas had been watching him put on his armor at Helm's Deep?
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Jan 2007 01:30 AM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
I don't know, I don't theorize much about LotR. I just watch and oogle Aragorn.

I stay the hell away from the fandom. It frightens me.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 17 Jan 2007 07:51 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
If I'm bored and don't really want to watch it (which is rare), I talk the whole way through it and only stop when Legolas does something cool. So sometimes I have to theorize.
"Po-ta-toes. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew." - they were asking for it.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 18 Jan 2007 06:33 PM         Subject: RE: Brothers Grimm?
I like MSTing movies, but I get yelled at for it. But... seriously... some movies desperately need to be made fun of.

Or, when watching Buffy, I quote the scenes with the characters. I do it for House, too. And then people glare at me XDD
remember when?
Forum Index : Entertainment : Movies and TV

Page: < 13 4 5 Next>>
You're at 2 of 6 pages.