Topic: Favorite Movies?
Forum Index : Entertainment : Movies and TV : Favorite Movies?  
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 09:09 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
I haven't seen the new movie, and I don't intend to. How can you change Marvin's shape like that?!
"I rock so hard I should be studied by geologists." - Me.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 09:16 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
But he was voiced by Alan Rickman. ALAN RICKMAN. That automatically redeems him in my eyes, yeshh indeedy.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 09:26 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
Sorry, but Marvin has to be your classical box-headed robot.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 09:50 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
See, I never read the books or anything, so I have absolutely no expectations, which is exactly the opposite of how I was when I watched the Harry Potter movies. I have to watch those repeatedly in order to detach myself enough from the books to enjoy them.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 09:58 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
Is it just me, or are the rooms in Harry Potter getting smaller in each movie?
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 10:00 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
They are. The Great Hall is like miniaturized now. And the student population has shrunk. And Dumbledore is just a raving, high functioning schizophrenic.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 10:12 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
Like me!
I kept on looking at the Great Hall, wondering if the camera was at a weird angle. Are they on a tight budget or aren't they using tape-measurers any more?
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 10:28 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
I just assumed it was because they got a new director. I liked the 3rd movie best, but it still wasn't extraordinary, and the director only lasted that one year...

They should get Peter Jackson to direct Harry Potter. It wouldn't be short anymore..!
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 10:43 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
But he'd use that annoying camera technique he used in The Fellowship of the Ring when Legolas spies the Urak (dear God, I can't remember how to spell the next word) Hei? Hi? Hai? in the trees across the river. Yeah, well PJ uses it also in King Kong a lot for the natives who look surprisingly like Urak Whatevers. I can't imagine that being used for Harry Potter.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 10:55 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
I need to watch the Fellowship again, it seems. As I hate Frodo, it's my least favourite movie. Uruk'hai, by the way, I think.
remember when?
askme

Unstoppable Bzoinker
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 Apr 2006 05:36 AM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
Yes, Uruk'hai looks right. What's wrong with Frodo?
fuzzynerds

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 Apr 2006 02:04 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
I liked Frodo a heck of a lot better in the books than I did the movie. That was really my only complaint about the movies. They made Frodo seem like a weak little prat who needed to be saved by Sam during the entire thing. In the book he was awesome. ha.
Still a lurker. But I love you.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 Apr 2006 09:34 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
See, I've never read the books, so the extent of it is what I saw in the movies, and I'm like, duuude. Frodo sucks. Sam got to me in the Two Towers with the one speech he did, but I like Merry the best, I think, and Pippin's great too, though slightly less awesome.

I like Aragorn. He amuses me. Legolas just annoys me. He has like six lines in all the movies. His entire job is to stand there and look pretty. Which, I'll admit, he does well, but his fangirls are FREAKING IRRITATING.
remember when?
fuzzynerds

Pixelated Dorkwad
Profile | Journal
Posted: 25 Apr 2006 09:52 PM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
I wasn't a big fan of Legolas. My mom liked him though. lol. Mostly because he was clean throughout the entire movie, and everyone else was grimy and icky. ;)

I think Merry was my favorite too. He was just as funny, but a bit more intelligent than Pippin was.

Of course, my favorites of anything depend on my mood, and what fan fiction I've just read/written. ha.
Still a lurker. But I love you.
kerianawilliams

Wannabe Rockstar
Profile | Journal
Posted: 26 Apr 2006 02:01 AM         Subject: RE: Favorite Movies?
See, I never read fanfiction of LotR. I read epic Harry Potter fanfics (FF.net + 100k words = search), but the rest of the fandoms I'm in (Death Note, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc) I just read smut or drabbles or oneshots. I think working my way through three pages of Death Note fanfiction upped my FF.net favourite stories count by about, oh, 20 fanfics.

It's not my fault L is awesome.
remember when?
Forum Index : Entertainment : Movies and TV

Page: < 13 4 5 Next>>
You're at 2 of 18 pages.