Smilies are ON
Do not show my signature in this post
Disable HTML in this post
Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post

pinkchocolate

Profile | Journal
Posted: 12 Dec 2021 01:28 AM       Subject: RE: Disconnection
Lately, I've been trying to connect with like-minded people on Twitter too. I read a lot of books so I got involved with #BookTwitter, and now I have a bunch of followers who respond to my Tweets about books. It's nice, but sometimes if I'm feeling low, it has the reverse effect, of making me feel more isolated. Some days, I feel like I spend more time talking to random people on #BookTwitter than people who know me in real life. My friend said to me "you don't really know these people, you only know what they decide to share with you", which I suppose is true. But I'd agree with you about Bzoink, I feel like we're part of a special community here <3
KMP x
kellyburnsred

Profile | Journal
Posted: 11 Dec 2021 01:40 PM       Subject: RE: Disconnection
I would love that I feel like we have a small group on here and I feel like we all have very similar personalities, and we can relate to one another.
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe
pinkchocolate

Profile | Journal
Posted: 08 Dec 2021 11:16 PM       Subject: RE: Disconnection
I have a bunch of online friends too, but sometimes I wish I could have a healthy balance of interacting with people online and spending time with them in person. I can never seem to get it quite right. But I think Covid has impacted that. Before Covid, I only had 2 friends that I saw regularly, but we used to make sure that we met up once a month to do something. Since Covid came along, we don't seem to do it anymore. So in some ways I feel like spending time with people in person is a thing of the past. But I have online friends, and I also have a few penpals - I took up penpalling as a hobby during the first lockdown, and I feel like it's a nice way of connecting with someone without the aid of the internet.
KMP x